Chiropractic Treatment: Everything You Need to Know
One of the biggest questions people ask about chiropractic treatment is, How does it work? In this article, we’ll tell you all about chiropractic treatment and What happens during a visit to chiropractor and How it improves your overall health.
Read on to learn more about what chiropractic treatment does and why you might want to consider visiting one of our Experienced Chiropractors in Delhi, Dwarka.
What Is Chiropractic Treatment?
Chiropractic treatment is a type of health care that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to manipulate the joints, muscles, and connective tissues of the body.
- They do this by applying pressure to specific points in the patient’s spine and other areas of their back.
- In some cases, chiropractors may also suggest other types of treatments like physical therapy or medication in order to reduce pain or provide relief from chronic conditions.
- While there are no universal guidelines for when to see a chiropractor, they are often recommended for patients who have experienced neck or back injuries, migraines, joint pain (e.g., knee arthritis), and certain types of headaches (e.g., tension headaches).
How Do Chiropractic Treatment Work?
Chiropractic treatment is a hands-on, drug-free approach to health care that focuses on treating the musculoskeletal system. Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to adjust the spine and other joints in the body.
- The goal of chiropractic treatment is to reduce pain, improve function, and help the body heal itself. There are many benefits to receiving chiropractic treatment.
Patients report less pain, more mobility, and even improved mood as they receive regular adjustments. Some patients have found relief from asthma, allergies, digestive problems, headaches/migraines, PMS/menstrual cramps and colitis after receiving chiropractic care.
Who Should Seek Chiropractic Care?
If you experience back pain, neck pain, headaches, or any other type of pain, you may be a candidate for chiropractic care.
Other common reasons people seek out chiropractors include wanting to improve their overall health and wellness, wanting to prevent future injuries, and wanting relief from stress and tension.
There are many types of chiropractic treatments available such as
- Spinal Manipulation
- Massage Therapy
- Exercise Therapy
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Taping Methods such as kinesio tape and more.
Find the right treatment option for your needs! Whether it’s an ache in your shoulder, lower back pain, or some sort of injury that requires immediate attention, Dr. Roshan Jha is here to help!
What Happens During a Visit?
A chiropractic visit typically starts with a consultation followed by an examination. During the consultation, the chiropractor will ask about your symptoms, medical history, and lifestyle.
- They’ll then do a physical examination, which may include testing your range of motion and checking for areas of tenderness or discomfort.
- After that, they’ll develop a treatment plan, which may involve one or more of the following: –
- Spinal manipulation,
- Nutrition counseling
- Lifestyle advice.
- The examination might also include diagnostic imaging such as
- CT scans
In some cases, an electrodiagnostic test may be performed.
Spinal manipulation is generally used when treating back pain and can be provided manually (with hands) or mechanically (via special equipment).
When it comes to lower back pain specifically, there’s some evidence that this type of treatment can reduce pain in the short term but not so much in the long term.
Acute low back pain lasts up to 12 weeks at most and includes symptoms like stiffness and soreness. Doctors don’t really know how well chiropractic treatments work for acute low back pain because no studies have been done yet.
Exercises, nutrition counseling and lifestyle advice are often included in the treatment plan. Studies show that exercising regularly, eating a healthy diet, getting enough sleep, managing stress levels, practicing good posture habits during working hours, and avoiding sedentary behaviors can all help relieve back pain over time.
Where Should I See a Chiropractor?
When it comes to chiropractic, it is critical to choose a qualified chiropractor who has treated your specific ailment before. If you are in pain, it is also critical to select a specialist that provides pain management treatments.
In order to help our patients find relief, we provide both chiropractic and pain management services in our clinic. If you are suffering from back pain and would want to discuss your options with one of our chiropractors, call or contact Pain-Free Physiotherapy Clinic right now.
What Are the Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment?
Chiropractic treatment can be beneficial in the following ways:
- Back Problems
- Managing Insomnia
- Improve Your Immune System
- Managing Chronic Pain to Increase Your Range of Motion
- You are not required to take any medication for any long.
- Reduce Your Doctor Visits
- If You Are an Athlete, improves your flexibility and reduces the chance of injury,
- Helps in Pregnancy
- Migraines Relief
- Improves consciousness, coordination, posture and balance,
- Improves memory, infertility, and weight gain
- Reduces anxiety, depression and accelerated aging, bone loss
- Improves digestion, metabolism, hormone balance and growth