Chiropractic Adjustment: The Good Benefits & The Ugly Side Effects
When it comes to chiropractic care, there are tons of great benefits that you can experience from an adjustment. There are also some potential side effects that can come with it, and this guide will help you get to the bottom of this important health topic. Read on to learn more about The Good Benefits & the Ugly Side Effects when it comes to Chiropractic Adjustment.
What & Who Is a Chiropractor?
A chiropractor is a health care professional who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders, with an emphasis on the spine. Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to manipulate the joints, muscles, and connective tissues of the body to reduce pain and improve function. They may also recommend strengthening exercises or other physical therapy modalities.
– Health benefits of Physical Therapy include improved movement, reduced pain, increased range of motion, increased muscle strength and endurance, improved circulation and relief from stiffness.
-The goal of Physical Therapy is to restore function while protecting the injured area or reducing the chance for re-injury.
-Some types of injuries that PT can help with are rotator cuff problems, knee arthritis, and tennis elbow.
– Physical therapists work closely with patients and their families to determine which approach will work best for them.
How Do People Feel After the Chiropractic Adjustment?
Chiropractic adjustment is a physical therapy treatment that uses manual manipulation to correct misalignment in the spine or other joints. This type of therapy can have both positive and negative side effects. Some patients report feeling relief from pain after an adjustment, while others may experience temporary discomfort or pain. It’s important to talk to your doctor or chiropractor before starting this type of treatment to make sure it’s right for you. If you feel any numbness, tingling, or loss of strength following an adjustment, stop using the area until you speak with your healthcare provider.
What are the Good Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments?
When it’s performed by a licensed chiropractor, chiropractic adjustment is a highly effective treatment for many common conditions, such as headaches, neck pain, and back pain. It can also be used to treat more serious ailments like arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome. It is especially useful for those who suffer from chronic muscle spasms or stiffness caused by pinched nerves.
Chiropractors also use this procedure to relieve pressure on spinal discs in order to help prevent future injury or compression problems that may result in surgery down the road.
In some cases, chiropractic adjustment relieves symptoms without any side effects at all!
What are the Ugly Side Effects of Chiropractic Adjustments?
Like with any medical treatment, there are some risks and side effects associated with chiropractic adjustment. These can include temporary dizziness, headaches, or muscle spasms.
- Some more serious risks may be herniated discs in the neck which could lead to surgery if not treated quickly enough or carotid artery dissection which is a tear in one of your carotid arteries that causes blood flow to stop flowing to your brain.
- In some cases, it’s possible that spinal manipulation can aggravate existing conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis or osteoporosis.
- If you’re pregnant, speak to your doctor before having a chiropractic adjustment because it may affect the position of the baby.
- For those living with chronic pain, this type of treatment should be approached carefully since improper alignment can make you feel worse rather than better after an adjustment.
Most people who experience negative side effects only have them for a short period of time, so it’s best to talk to your doctor about whether it’s worth the risk.
How Do I Choose a Chiropractor?
If you’re considering chiropractic care, you may be wondering how to choose a chiropractor. There are many things to consider, such as the education and experience of the chiropractor, their bedside manner, and whether they take your insurance.
Here are a few tips on how to choose a chiropractor:
- Get referrals from family and friends. If someone you trust has had a good experience with a chiropractor, that’s a good place to start.
- Do your research. Online reviews can offer valuable insight into the quality of care patients have received. Be sure to look for reviews written by people who share similar conditions or circumstances to yours, so you can make an informed decision about what might work best for you.
- Check out credentials and expertise. What type of training does the doctor have? Does he specialize in your condition? Is he board-certified?
Choose wisely after considering these factors and talking with your doctor about what might work best for you!
Where Should I Go for Chiropractic Adjustments?
When it comes to chiropractic care, it is important to select a licensed professional who has experience treating your specific condition. If you are experiencing pain, it is also essential to seek out a provider who offers pain management services.
To assist our patients in finding comfort, we provide both chiropractic and pain management services in our clinic. Call or contact Pain-Free Physiotherapy Clinic now if you are suffering from back pain and would want to explore your options with one of our chiropractors.
Can I Expect Relief from Chiropractic Treatment?
Yes, most people feel immediate relief after chiropractic treatment. However, some people may experience minor side effects, such as soreness, stiffness, or aching, which usually subside within 24 hours. In rare cases, more serious side effects may occur, such as dizziness, headaches, or nausea.
If you experience any of these side effects, please contact your chiropractor immediately. They will be able to provide you with advice and reassurance, and will discuss how long it might take for the problem to go away.